Coronavirus (COVID-19) is having a dramatic impact on people, governments, businesses and supply chains across the world.
We are actively monitoring the situation; providing insights on the legal implications of this evolving threat to the global economy.
- Winding-up petitions in the COVID-19 era: where are we now?
- Impact of COVID-19 on LIBOR transition – update
- Further statement on the impact of coronavirus on the timeline for LIBOR transition
- Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- COVID-19: business continuity planning
- COVID-19: wrongful trading - practical consideration
- PRA and HMT issue statement on the delay of the implementation of the Basel 3.1 standards
- COVID-19 and financial services
- Accessing the COVID Corporate Financing Facility
- COVID-19: additional financial support announced by the Chancellor
- COVID-19: Rishi Sunak pledges £350bn in new "whatever it takes" measures
- Budget 2020: coronavirus response and a fiscal forecast
- COVID-19 tax changes and what to do
- Coronavirus-related trade mark filings will face registration hurdles
- Professional negligence – what will the post COVID-19 world look like for professionals and their insurers? Part 2
- WBD leads the way on e-signatures to facilitate transactions in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19: the Future Fund – bridge funding for UK start-ups
- Contracting with suppliers in the pandemic – addressing uncertainty
- Professional negligence – what will the post COVID-19 world look like for professionals and their insurers?
- Upstream oil and gas in an uncertain world
- COVID-19: the key M&A and company law considerations
- COVID-19: additional primary market measures to aid listed companies
- COVID-19: back to work for some, furlough extended for others
- Moving forward from furlough and other employment considerations
- From in-house to at home: top 5 tips for managing risk
- COVID-19: nine employment law developments
- COVID-19: key employment law developments
- Updated COVID-19 guidance from the Pensions Regulator on auto enrolment and pension contributions – what you need to know
- Post furlough: data subject access request management
- FAQs - Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- COVID-19: a summary of recent employment law developments
- Keeping workers safe: COVID-19 health and safety FAQs
- COVID-19: recent employment law developments
- FAQs - COVID-19 and employment law
- COVID-19: IR35 changes delayed
- Roadmap for retail stores on easing out of lockdown: timetable and updated guidance finally published
- Roadmap for retail stores on easing out of lockdown: how to make sense of the government's updated guidance
- Returning to the high street: keeping workers safe FAQs
- COVID-19: moving towards re-opening non-food retail premises
- COVID-19 impacts go-live date of EU medical device regulation
- COVID-19: the response of consumer protection regulators and the impact on non-COVID-19 regulatory enforcement
- MHRA guidance on the specification for rapidly manufactured ventilator
- COVID-19: contact tracing
- Managing COVID-19 from a health and safety perspective
- WBD hosts COVID-19 health and safety webinar for North East Automotive Alliance
Videos and webinars
Health and safety
What are your legal duties as an employer when it comes to health and safety regulations on the back of the COVID-19 outbreak?
Ashley Borthwick provides a concise view from a legal perspective.
Proactively managing business risk
Businesses across all sectors are having to make difficult and unprecedented decisions to help maintain and preserve business continuity.
Jonathan Dunkley identifies three key areas to proactively manage business risk.
The COVID-19 outbreak is going to lead to months of uncertainty for employers, with many having to grapple with making some very difficult decisions.
Tim Woodward talks about sick pay, having to send employees home from work and the impact of school closures.
Preparing your personal contingency plan
COVID-19 has raised a number of concerns for our clients, not just in business, but with their personal matters.
Edward Stone explains how we can help you prepare for your personal contingency plan; be that amending or setting a will, sorting out powers of attorney or providing access to documents that make your wishes known to others that are important to you.
How can you keep contracting with your customers in light of coronavirus outbreak?
Lucy Pringle provides her top three tips to help businesses with new customer contracts in light of the everchanging economic landscape due to the coronavirus.
What does the impact of COVID-19 mean for commercial landlords and tenants?
From walking away from lease liabilities to withholding rent payments, Philip Knight talks through the possible legal implications of COVID-19 for commercial landlords and tenants in the real estate sector.
Dealing with existing contracts
With the recent outbreak, Stephen Dilley talks about how COVID-19 will affect your existing contracts. The main points covered include:
- Termination rights
- Force majeure provisions
Entering into new contracts as a customer
Despite the coronavirus, your business will still need to buy goods and services. Understandably you may be nervous entering into new contracts with suppliers. Lucy Pringle provides her top tips.
Navigating the short-term legal challenges of COVID-19
This complimentary recording of the Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP recent webinar discusses the short-term legal challenges of the COVID-19 outbreak. Topics include:
- Privacy and cyber security
- Commercial contracts
- Force majeure and contractual defences.
Do you have a legal query regarding COVID-19? Get in touch.