- IT and software. Distressed IT projects, contested software licences, website development and hosting issues, support and maintenance agreements, and performance problems with outsourced IT and cloud services
- Information rights and privacy. All aspects of contentious Data Protection and privacy issues including privacy governance and compliance, data protection audits, data export, transfer and processing arrangements, claims by data subjects and the recovery of confidential and personal information
- Cyber security. Managing information security breaches, responding to hacking or cyber-extortion, defending enforcement action by the ICO and other regulators, cyber risk insurance and cyber-crime
- Digital media. Online defamation, website misuse, blogging and user generated content, cookies and digital footprints, and access to information held by social media companies.
- A national organisation on defending a class action by 500+ claimants regarding allegations that its IT systems suffered from defects that led to individuals being held wrongfully liable for financial losses and convicted of theft and false accounting
- A household name retailer on the exposure of customer information during the migration to a new web server
- An international IT company on a claim against a software designer who supplied a smartphone app that failed to deliver the contractually specified functionality, stability and user experience
- A London-based financial services company on managing and exiting a multi-million pound distressed IT outsourcing
- A national retailer on managing the hacking of its CRM system.
"Andrew Parsons has a niche practice in contentious data protection matters. Clients say: 'He is very good at working out tactics.'"