The aerospace & defence sector is both a regionally focused and a global enterprise.
With extensive technology and manufacturing sector expertise that stretches across the Atlantic and closer to home, Womble Bond Dickinson is ideally placed to provide support on even the most complex of cross-border projects. Our team includes highly experienced lawyers in the US.
We provide the full spectrum of legal services to the aerospace & defence industry but are particularly sought after for our counsel on regulatory matters (including anti-corruption & export control), export sales & bidding, intellectual property & technology, defence procurement, supply chain management and corporate transactions.
As part of our commitment to security and delivering top-quality client service, many of our lawyers possess security clearance and have previous in-house experience, as well as being deeply involved in the aerospace and defence sector outside of their client engagements. We count the UK DEFCON Working Group and engagement in trade associations such as ADS as part of our roster of memberships.
What we do
- NDAs, heads of terms, support agreements and maintenance contracts
- Regulatory requirements, operating permits and HSE issues
- Real Estate
- Export Control (US/UK)
- Project finance, banking facilities and tax considerations
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption
- Ownership of technology and IP rights
- Shared Data Environments and Data Licensing
- Infrastructure and Construction
- Operating systems and cyber security
- Recruitment, redeployment or redundancies
- DEFCONs & DSPCR
- Procurement and sales contracts, logistics agreements and international trade
- Mergers, acquisitions and corporate restructuring
Examples of work
- Supplier framework agreements for a defence consultancy business
- Due diligence and restructuring work for a defence company
- Support to an overseas agreement for the provision of warship parts
"Womble Bond Dickinson, and particularly Stephen, have supported Engage Technical Solutions in the development of a full suite of ‘Supplier Ts & Cs’. This has been a lengthy process that would not have been possible without Stephen's expertise in our particularly tricky industry. Stephen has provided excellent support in his speciality area, but has been more than happy to go and find the information or expert that we needed for any other legal issues arising. WBD has provided an excellent service and everyone conducts themselves in a professional yet friendly manner. I would not hesitate in recommending them."
“…. after a few quick discussions with the Womble team, they found the perfect attorney match for us, who then showed up ready to work the following week. [They were] up to speed with our company and specific needs in no time & provided the support critical to complete the creation of the total end-to-end export compliance program we needed for both the US and Canada. The work was sometimes gruelling, the subject matter was complex, and the timelines were tight – we absolutely could not have made it happen without the Womble team.”