Sue has over 30 years' experience in the legal profession. Originally she began working in a small criminal practice, before moving to a busy regional civil practice. She has worked in areas as diverse as personal injury, conveyancing, commercial and employment law.
Her interests led her to study formally with CIlex, before deciding to specialise mainly in debt recovery and enforcement.
Sue joined the firm in 1998 and in 2007 was appointed Senior Debt Manager, having demonstrated a broad knowledge and experience of debt recovery work. She supervises the Newcastle Onshoring Debt Recovery team.
Sue undertakes work for a wide range of regional and national clients in both public and private sectors, having a particular interest in education and charities.
Sue has prepared and presented workshops for clients, providing guidance and information on effective debt recovery and how to avoid common pitfalls. She is also involved in the development and promotion of the paralegal career path within the firm.
- Pre-sue investigations
- Advice and assessment of viability and commerciality of formal recovery action
- Issuing County Court proceedings against debtors on behalf of clients
- Complete Enforcement processes including Warrants of Control, Charging Orders, Attachment of Earnings orders, Third Party Debt Orders and Orders to Attend Court for Questioning
- Cross border enforcement of Judgments and Decrees between the English and Scottish/Irish courts
- Statutory Demands, Creditor’s Bankruptcy Petitions and Winding Up proceedings
- Recovery advice and assistance for regional and national Independent Schools.
“I was delighted to hear that you managed to gain such a quick response which, after many months, we had failed to achieve.”
“Thanks for your prompt assistance – you always offer us an excellent service, and we’re truly grateful.”