Sarah is a solicitor in the Construction and Engineering team specialising in transactional construction matters. She drafts, negotiates and advises on a wide range of construction documents including building contracts, appointments and collateral warranties. Sarah has acted for various clients on projects ranging from small redevelopments to large scale build projects including shopping centres and hotels. Prior to joining the firm, Sarah acted for a multi-national construction company in relation to various motorway infrastructure projects. She also pursued a number of claims on behalf of a major property insurer in relation to defects in the construction of residential property as well as other property damage claims.
- Town Centre Securities PLC in relation to the construction aspects of the development and refurbishment of Leeds City Council’s offices at Merrion House, Leeds (£20 million), Merrion Hotel and Whitehall Plaza;
- City of York Council on a consultant framework agreement and on the new Community Stadium and Leisure Services Project (value £37 million) which involves a DBOM Contract and includes a commercial development;;
- the construction contractor in relation to a 6 phase residential development including registered social housing;
- Wykeland Beverley Limited in relation to the preparation of tenant collateral warranties as well as advising on the whole package of construction documents in relation to the £40 million refinancing of the development;
- a funder on the suite of construction documents in relation to a £2 million industrial project;
- Cleveland Bridge in relation to a £49 million variation to a significant government contract in Sri Lanka;
- an international petrochemical manufacturer on a building contract based on the IChemE Red Book;
- a number of well-known retail clients in relation to the construction aspects of agreements for lease, contracts for store development and fit out, conveyor systems framework contracts and generally supporting their in house legal teams; and
- a multi-national construction company in relation to the construction contract for a major highways infrastructure project.