Nicola is a Partner and has specialised in Commercial Property since 2005. She assists Craig Moore in leading the Plymouth Real Estate Team.
She acts for a number of high profile regional clients and has a wealth of experience in landlord and tenant work including commercial freehold and leasehold acquisitions, disposals and property management work for a wide variety of large developer and investor landlords.
She provides seamless project management experience in leading multidisciplinary teams of lawyers on large corporate share and asset acquisitions and disposals and has led and won a number of successful client pitches in the last year "virtually" during the COVID-19 pandemic.
She is the “go to” Real Estate touchpoint for the South West Corporate Team. She leads a core, skilled team to drive this forward efficiently and making use of technology. She develops and grows strong, close collaborative working relationships with colleagues and is continuing to recruit, lead, train, support and develop juniors.
Examples of experience include:
- Advising a luxury motor yacht manufacturer and retailer on strategic relocation and taking of leasehold premises in South-West of England, negotiating agreement for lease and leases, and associated documentation with complex overage and clawback documentation completed, an £82 million pound refinancing and on all property related matters
- Advising and dealing with all property aspects of corporate acquisitions and disposals for a number of Private Equity Houses, including project management of due diligence projects, date room set ups and management of, post acquisition ongoing property work
- Leading on property aspects of co-counselling relationship with a legal department of a large International Accountancy Firm
- Advising large quasi-public sector developer on site acquisition, drafting all site set up documentation required for large mixed use residential and commercial 100+ unit schemes in South West England, in order to facilitate the onward sales of all units to private commercial and residential purchasers and project management of multi-disciplinary team
- Acting for a large commercial landlord in relation to large shopping centre in south west of England valued at £230 million and advising on all property management issues including drafting and negotiating leases, agreements for leases and other ancillary documentation required for all landlord and tenant relations and subsequent onward sale of the shopping centre
- Acting for one of Europe’s largest regional airlines in connection with all property issues including negotiating leases, easements and other ancillary documentation required for all landlord and tenant relations, acquisitions and disposals
- Acting for the owner and infrastructure manager of most of the rail network in England, Scotland and Wales in respect of site disposals subject to complex overage and clawback arrangements
- Acting for a Government Defence Organisation and dealing with acquisitions, disposals, granting of leases, lease assignments and ancillary documentation
- Advising council on their acquisition of a large shopping centre in the South West of England and all of their ongoing property management and development work
- Advising large regional Science Park on acquisitions, disposals, granting of leases, lease assignments and ancillary documentation.
"It has been a pleasure to work with a team led by Nikki who is proficient, responsive and professional. Although we were dealing with different teams with different expertise, the whole process felt easy and seamless."
"She is an absolute pleasure to work with and she capitalises on gaining a deep understanding of her clients' needs and drivers, translating the law simply, and supporting clients not only day to day but in their future growth, supported by a stellar track record of collaboration and cross selling".