Lewis completed a training contract with the firm and qualified into a split role of Banking and Restructuring and Insolvency in September 2021.
Lewis has experience acting for both lenders and borrowers in debt, development, real estate and acquisition finance deals.
He also has experience acting in non-contentious insolvency matters across a range of sectors, including education, retail and energy.
Examples of experience include:
- Lloyds Development Capital – on senior debt funding for its investment in Linley and Simpson Limited and Lomond Capital, and subsequent bolt-on acquisitions
- Lloyds Development Capital -on senior debt funding for its investment in Aspire Technology Solutions
- NVM Private Equity - on senior debt funding for its backing of a management buy-out of the Easby Group (comprising Easby Group Limited, Easby Electronics Limited and Delta Impact Limited)
- Endless/ Enact - on the funding arrangements for its acquisition of PAL International Limited
- Cairngorm Capital Partners - on the funding arrangements for its investment in Bromborough Paints and bolt-on acquisitions of Promain UK Limited and Kent Blaxill Group Limited
- Nigel Wright Group - on senior debt funding in relation to its management buyout
- Triodos Bank - in relation to the amendment and restatement of existing facilities, and provision of new sustainable investment and development funding facilities, to a borrower in the care home sector
- Homes England - in relation to a facility to fund the conversion of an office block into apartments and surrounding commercial/ retail units
- HSBC - in relation to facilities to fund the phased development of land into residential properties in Cambridge
- Borrower - in the residential property sector in relation to numerous amendments and restatements of its bilateral and syndicated facilities
- An international bank - on a restructuring of its facilities in relation to a landmark commercial and residential development in Leeds
- Joint Administrators - on a range of administrations, most recently with a focus on the energy sector.