Jeremy advises a range of clients, both in the public and the private sector, on tax issues that affect them, their owners and the transactions that they undertake.
Examples of the types of transactions where Jeremy is asked to advise include:
- company purchases and sales (including impact of transaction on existing share incentive arrangements)
- business acquisitions and disposals
- property purchases and sales
- property developments
- corporate restructurings (including demergers)
- employee termination packages
- employee incentive arrangements, including cash bonus schemes and share incentive arrangements (tax-advantaged, long term incentive schemes, etc).
Examples of experience include advising:
- the founders and majority shareholders of the leading online fashion retailer END. Clothing on the disposal of a majority stake to Carlyle Group
- the founders and majority shareholders of the pharmaceutical and biochemistry CDMO, Arcinova, on its sale to Permira-backed Quotient Sciences Limited
- Victorian Plumbing on its share incentive arrangements
- AIT Worldwide Logistics on its acquisition of UK based freight forwarder, ConneXion
- Royal Institute of British Architects on its disposal of its commercial arm, RIBA Enterprises Limited, to Lloyds Development Capital
- Old Mutual Wealth on its acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Intrinsic Financial Services Limited, the UK’s largest network of restricted and independent financial advisers
- Tekmar Group plc on its admission to AIM
- Molins plc on the disposal of its tobacco manufacturing and instrumentation business to GD S.p.A
- the shareholders of Kiln Flame Systems Limited on its sale to Metso.