*Jennifer Housden is not licensed to practice law. Her activities are directly supervised by members of the firm licensed to practice law in the firm’s Winston-Salem office.
Jennifer utilizes her more than 18 years of nursing experience to support firm clients in the medical review and defense of their cases. As Medical and Scientific Solution’s Manager of Medical Analysis, Jennifer relies on her diverse experience to lead the analysis of medical records, identification of key defense points, and preparation of medical work products. She has assisted legal teams in better understanding medical issues across various industries, including tobacco, asbestos, and pharmaceuticals.
Jennifer graduated from a clinically intensive diploma nurse program in 1995. Upon graduation, Jennifer entered a Critical Care internship at Wake Forest University Baptist Health. Throughout the next 18 years, Jennifer continued working across several specialty areas of nursing and was licensed in four states, including California, Virginia, and Washington, DC, where she worked at Georgetown University Hospital. In 2007, she obtained her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Eastern Mennonite University in Harrisonburg, Virginia, and in 2011, she earned her Legal Nurse Consultant Certificate from North Carolina State University.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Evaluated allegations and determined whether the dietary supplement at issue caused or contributed to the plaintiff’s alleged injuries and analyzed opposing party Life Care Plans for one of the world’s largest reinsurers.
- Assisted in preparing Medical Mediation Assessments for a global tobacco company utilized to mediate numerous federal cases, ultimately resulting in settlement of over 500 cases.
- Supported an integrated healthcare system of seven hospitals and approximately 100 physician and specialist offices in challenging the use of extrapolation based on audit overpayments.
- Analyzed medical records to evaluate allegations and identify alternate causation or risk factors for claimed medical disease or injury for various clients in the insurance industry.
- Worked with firm attorneys to provide organized medical records for expert review.
- Performed a comprehensive analysis of medical billing and drafted a spreadsheet representing amounts charged and payments made and by whom for claimed and non-claimed diseases or injuries pertaining to exposure-related wrongful death claims.
- North Carolina Board of Nursing, # 139158