Geoff is a trial lawyer at his core, and brings that skill and experience to aid clients across a wide spectrum of legal, regulatory, and strategic issues. He provides corporate counseling on a broad range of litigation and regulatory matters, ranging from class actions to regulatory inquiries by state Attorneys General, the US Federal Trade Commission, and US Food & Drug Administration, as well as compliance with state laws governing the labeling and sales of consumer products, including California's Proposition 65.
Geoff also focuses on issues related to promotion and marketing of products and the host of issues that can arise in that context, including regulatory evaluation of claims and claim substantiation, consumer perceptions and alleged consumer deception and damages, product labeling and use instructions, best practices, and related litigation issues.
Geoff has significant background in the academic disciplines of consumer behavior, marketing, consumer research, survey research, and the social science literature regarding the role of consumer marketing on behavior. He has extensive experience in personal injury litigation asserting claims for alleged product defect, negligence, and related claims, as well as class actions asserting commercial and consumer fraud claims. He has also handled litigation involving State Attorneys General, the US Department of Justice, and private attorneys general purporting to enforce state consumer protection laws.
Association of National Advertisers, Where There’s Smoke, There’s Fire: Lessons from the Tobacco Experience, New York City, New York, with Guy M. Blynn
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Defended client in multi-district class action litigation asserting claims under state consumer protection laws.
- Lead trial counsel for defendant in personal injury suits asserting product liability claims.
- Defended client in suit regarding alleged violation of California Proposition 65.
- Defended client in state class action asserting breach of contract related to brand promotional program.
- Defended client against breach of consent decree claims brought by various state Attorneys General.