Francesca is a Legal Director in our Commercial Disputes & Regulatory team. She is a regulatory specialist advising clients on a range of regulatory and compliance issues and disputes in areas including environment, health and safety, care and education.
This includes advice on contractual matters as well as enforcement advice, from initial investigation to prosecution, operational advice on issues such as the management of critical incidents, policies and procedures and dealing with complaints, and compliance advice on issues including asbestos management, dealing with contractors and fire safety. Francesca also has experience of negotiating directly with regulators on behalf of clients, representing clients participating in Coroners’ inquests as interested persons and advising on Equality Act claims.
In addition, Francesca is a member of the Health and Safety Lawyers’ Association, as well as the UK Environmental Law Association and is involved with the firm’s responsible business programme.
Examples of experience include advising:
- in relation to a multi-million pound procurement dispute in the transport sector
- in relation to an inquest and subsequent prosecution following the death of an employee at work, including advice on negotiating with the Health and Safety Executive, the preparation of a mitigation statement and dealing with media interest
- a care home operator providing comprehensive regulatory advice on issues including enforcement proceedings issued by the Care Quality Commission, a food safety prosecution, Coroners’ inquests and safeguarding investigations
- a manufacturer in relation to product safety liability issues, regulatory requirements for water fittings and the language requirements for technical documentation
- a defence contractor in relation to health and safety and environmental legislation relevant to the manufacture of a new vessel, and
- a school in relation to disability discrimination claims brought by the parent of a student following the student’s exclusion.