Emma joined the Commercial Team upon qualification, having trained with the firm and previously been a Paralegal with the team. During her training, Emma gained over 2 years' of commercial experience within the firm and whilst on secondment. She undertakes a broad range of commercial work, advising on a variety of scenarios including large-scale outsourcing projects, GDPR compliance, software licensing and consultancy and influencer agreements.
Emma also specialises in property management agreements, advising both real estate owners and service providers ranging from large-scale projects to small residential developments.
Emma is CIPP/E certified.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Post Office Limited on its GDPR compliance and remediation programmes, including (i) drafting GDPR-proof data protection clauses; (ii) the remediation of its third party contracts for compliance with the GDPR; (iii) leading negotiation sessions with third party suppliers; and (iv) ensuring that the programme continued smoothly through daily and weekly catch-ups with the relevant internal teams
- Whilst on secondment, the implementation of an enhanced age restricted sales programme, including (i) attending on-site audits with the Primary Authority and Store Operations team and feeding back recommendations; and (ii) drafting the final version of an age restricted policy for submission to the Primary Authority for assured advice
- A large affordable housing provider on a bespoke and complex framework property management agreement
- On the drafting of numerous commercial agreements for a large retailer including a number of variations with a combined value of circa £250k
- A large grocery retailer on a number of agreements including contracts for the supply of goods and services, apprenticeship agreements, and a proposed bespoke employment benefit scheme.