Will is a Partner in the Private Capital team, with many years of experience as a corporate and commercial lawyer, which he has built upon in private client work. He typically advises the owners of businesses and rural estates, high net worth individuals and family investment companies. His main areas of expertise are providing strategic growth advice, generational succession planning and mainstream private client work, such as estate planning, wills, trusts, LPAs, and capital tax mitigation.
Examples of experience include:
- Advising a highly successful entrepreneur on estate planning, a will, lifetime trusts, powers of attorney and an advance decision.
- Strategic input to the trustees of a large rural estate on governance and matters relating to rural business, including, the potential sale of a leisure park.
- Acting for the owners of a family business on the establishment of a discretionary trust for their children.
- Providing guidance and advice to a foreign national living in the UK on asset protection and estate planning and combining advice with lawyers in their home jurisdiction.
- Advising a UK national living overseas on UK and overseas asset protection and estate planning.
- Advising the executors of a large rural estate on the transfer of the estate's business to the beneficiaries.
- Set-up and share structuring of a family investment company to make corporate and property investment.
- Advising the seller of a company which owns and operates a substantial grouse moor.