Vicki specialises in commercial real estate related litigation. She has acted on many commercial landlord and tenant matters, including:
- Opposed and unopposed lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Service charge disputes
- Dilapidations claims
- Possession claims including against squatters
- Adverse possession
- Land contract breaches
- Break clauses.
She has particular expertise in dealing with legal issues that arise when managing a large property portfolio and recently acted for B&Q in its successful unopposed lease renewal claim against Britel Fund Trustees Limited.
Vicki also has considerable advocacy experience and gives training to her clients on issues that arise when managing property portfolios.
She regularly attends court on behalf of clients and has considerable advocacy experience in relation to possession and other claims.
Vicki is a member of the Property Litigation Association.
Examples of experience include:
- Managing and implementing strategy for lease renewals and terminations for national retailers over their portfolio
- Acting for institutional investors aiming to maximise the value of property held
- Enforcing property contracts such as agreements for lease
- Advising on potential breaches of property contract including for misrepresentation.