Todd qualified into the transport team in September 2017, having completed his training contract with the firm.
Todd has a particular interest in the rail sector, regularly supporting and advising train operators on rolling stock procurement and leasing, modification and maintenance contracts, franchise bidding, franchise agreements, transfer schemes, and on other more general commercial and operational matters.
During his training contract, Todd undertook a client secondment which provided valuable insight into what matters most to our clients.
Examples of experience include:
- Govia – supporting on its bid to operate the South Eastern franchise
- Southeastern – advising on the extension of its current franchise
- London Midland – advising in relation to the demobilisation of the West Midlands franchise
- Abellio East Anglia – supporting on the £1.4bn procurement of the UK's largest privately funded investment in new rolling stock for the East Anglia rail franchise
- London Midland – assisting on the modification of its Class 350/2 fleet to operate at 110mph (including franchise agreement amendments and the modification contract)
- Abellio ScotRail – providing support on its HST enhancement modifications; and
- Southeastern – advising in relation to various rolling stock modification and maintenance contracts.