Tim is a Partner in the London office specialising in the defence of professional negligence claims against a broad range of professionals including solicitors, accountants, insurance brokers, insolvency practitioners, surveyors and construction professionals. He also advises on high value, complex insurance coverage disputes.
Tim has completed two long-term secondments at two leading professional indemnity insurers in the London market. These opportunities provided invaluable experience in dealing with PI claims and handling the various coverage disputes that arise from such claims. Tim has also built up strong relationships with PI brokers during his time at these secondments.
Examples of experience include:
- Successfully defending a c.£1m claim against a firm of solicitors on limitation grounds – Osborne v (1) Follett Stock (a firm) (2) Follett Stock LLP  EWHC 1811 (QB)
- Defending a £2.5m claim on behalf of a national firm of engineers in relation to its role as an M&E sub-contractor for a multi-million pound commercial property development in Mayfair
- Advising international professional indemnity insurers on substantive policy coverage issues relating to a claim against a national firm of property valuation managers concerning the valuation of a c.£12m property portfolio
- Defending a c.£8m High Court claim against a London firm of solicitors relating to an alleged under settlement of a professional negligence claim against another firm of solicitors involving complex trust and corporate M&A issues
- Advising a national firm of surveyors in a multi-party dispute concerning alleged negligent advice on the purchase of a high value commercial property in Manchester city centre
- Acting on a c.£20m fraud case involving a top 20 UK law firm which resulted in the largest ever settlement paid out by the professional indemnity insurance market involving a solicitor’s fraud
- Representing a firm of brokers in a multi-party insurance dispute in relation to an alleged failure to obtain cover for business interruption claimed at over £2m
- Successfully defending a firm of solicitors at trial in relation to advice given on the purchase of a property - Andrew O’Neill and Elizabeth O’Neill v Bull & Bull (A Firm)  LTL
- Acting for a number of law firms in relation in relation to the large scale Vibration White Finger services claims made by ex-coal miners.