Tim is an associate in the intellectual property team. He advises clients on a range of contentious and non-contentious matters in relation to all intellectual property rights including copyright, designs, trade marks, patents and confidential information.
His non-contentious experience includes negotiating and drafting a wide range of commercial agreements including software licences, assignments of trade marks, patents and designs, as well as confidentiality agreements. Tim has assisted on the intellectual property aspects of various corporate transactions.
In addition to the above, Tim has experience in dealing in various intellectual property infringement disputes (including in the IPEC) and negotiating favourable commercial resolutions for his clients. Tim has also successfully brought a number of domain name disputes through the Nominet Dispute Resolution Service.
Tim has an undergraduate masters in Chemistry from the University of Manchester and has gone on to obtain a Post Graduate Diploma in Law and Practice and a distinction in the Legal Practice Course.
Tim has studied and graduated from the prestigious Intellectual Property Law and Practice post graduate diploma at the University of Oxford.
- Acting on a trade mark infringement claim brought by the new owners of a well-known and historic guitar amplifier brand
- Assisting with the acquisition of a number of intellectual property rights from a company in liquidation
- Conducting IP audits and developing strategies to help clients identify and maximise the commercial return of their intellectual property assets
- Reviewing, advising and drafting terms and conditions for multi-million pound contracts as part of a tender review team whilst on secondment at a large multinational plc client
- Assisting and advising on the drafting of numerous commercial agreements for a sportswear client including a regional master trade mark licence
- Centrica plc - in a suite of actions to remove any false connection between it and a third party including a Part 8 application to rectify records held at Companies House.