Susan specialises in professional indemnity insurance matters, advising on coverage and defending professional liability claims against a variety of professionals.
Susan has over 10 years' experience of advising in the insurance market, including 6 months spent on secondment with a major international insurer handling an allocation of professional liability claims, liaising directly with underwriters, insureds, and their brokers.
Examples of experience include advising:
- A range of company and market insurers and their insureds on a wide range of professional liability claims and coverage matters, including solicitors and insurance brokers, in particular advising:
- on insurance broker negligence claims, including alleged negligent advice on property and business interruption policy terms and conditions (e.g. following fires at commercial and industrial premises, pubs/clubs/casinos); underinsurance problems; alleged negligence relating to a broker's advice on public/employer's liability, fidelity, product liability and construction all risks policies; and late notification by brokers. Necessarily also considering coverage issues in this context
- on solicitors negligence claims, including alleged negligence on commercial contracts, agricultural land succession, option agreements, shareholder agreements, conveyancing issues; financial relief following divorce and failed litigation. Also advising on solicitors PI coverage issues
- International insurers on policy coverage and arbitration on professional indemnity policies.
- On regulatory/disciplinary matters in relation to CICAIR, RICS, Legal Ombudmsan, Financial Ombudsman Service, etc.
"Stand out associate".