Sid’s clients operate across the cutting-edge industries that support and power US commerce, including transportation, construction materials, manufacturing, semiconductors, and financial institutions. He is a partner in the Corporate & Securities Group and Co-Chair of the Public Company Advisors Team, and his leadership is part of why clients rely on Sid’s counsel. He focuses his practice on the representation of public companies in securities transactions, including offerings of debt and equity securities, tender offers, exchange offers and repurchases, as well as mergers and acquisitions and other strategic transactions. Sid also counsels clients with respect to ongoing SEC compliance and related corporate governance matters, including periodic and annual reporting, stock exchange listing standards, proxy statements, insider trading regulation, investor relations and disclosure issues, and shareholder proposals and engagement. His practice also includes handling general corporate matters for private companies, including advice on corporate governance and financing issues.
Sid’s involvement in Firm matters, including leadership of the Womble Inclusion Network (WIN) and service on the Diversity and Professionalism Committees, as well as other community organizations and activities, earned him recognition as a Charlotte Business Journal 2017 “40 Under 40” award winner.
Civic and Professional Activities
- Chair, Womble Inclusion Network (WIN)
- Member, Firm Diversity Committee
- President, Charlotte Asian Pacific American Bar Association (CAPABA)
- Member, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA)
- Heart Math Tutoring
- Fund Development Committee, Classroom Central
Honors and Awards
- Bar Leadership Institute, Mecklenburg County Bar
- Charlotte Business Journal 40 Under 40
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented leading trucking company in corporate, securities and executive compensation matters.
- Represented leading provider of core technologies and radio frequency (RF) solutions for mobile, infrastructure and aerospace/defense applications in its $1.0 billion offering of senior notes under Rule 144 under the Securities Act and Regulation S under the Securities Act, and subsequent offer to exchange such senior notes for registered senior notes having substantially identical terms
- Represented designer and manufacturer of high-performance RF solutions in its $1.6 billion merger of equals with a provider of RF solutions and foundry services for communications, defense and aerospace companies.
- Represented leading supplier of construction aggregates and major producer of construction materials in $1.0 billion, $400 million and $350 million offerings of senior notes and tender offer for $200 million of outstanding notes.
- Represented global technology company in $1.2 billion tender offer for global provider of innovative technology and services to hospitality and retail industries.
- Represented bank holding company in $160 million merger and initial public offering of common stock.
- Represented bank holding company in $299 million merger of equals to create largest community bank in North Carolina.