Sophie joined our commercial team on qualification in September 2015 having completed a training contract with the firm.
Sophie specialises in commercial contracts and commercial law. She advises on a broad variety of commercial contracts such as agreements for the purchase and sale of goods and services, terms and conditions and agency and distribution agreements. Sophie also has experience of drafting technology related agreements such as support and maintenance agreements, cloud hosting agreements and software licences.
In addition to providing general commercial support, Sophie also advises on a range of commercial law issues including intellectual property law, agency law, commercial due diligence and data protection.
Sophie has a commercial and pragmatic approach to advising clients and has spent time on secondment to Arriva plc.
Examples of experience include advising:
- A global chemicals manufacturer on terms and conditions of supply of goods and services, and agreements for the manufacturing, sale and distribution of goods
- A number of UK train operating companies on rail franchise bids and a variety of commercial agreements in addition to assisting on rail franchise mobilisations
- A national commercial vehicle hire company on bespoke rental terms and conditions, including online terms and conditions of hire
- A national awarding organisation on various commission agreements
- An international property management company organisation on data protection compliance and privacy law.