Sonal joined the firm in March 2018 and is a member of our real estate finance and investment team.
She has a broad range of commercial property experience and has previously acted on behalf of investors and owner/occupiers in acquisitions and sales of commercial properties in both the public and private sector.
Her expertise includes advising in landlord and tenant matters, general estate management, property finance in secure lending transactions and corporate support real estate transactional advice.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Standard Life Trustee Company Limited – assisting with the acquisition and disposals of freehold and leasehold commercial property on behalf of SIPP members and estate management work.
- Institutional Landlord – dealing with leases and licences and other estate management matters on a variety of shopping centres and office buildings nationally.
- FTSE 100 Supermarket – assisting with sales and acquisitions of supermarket premises and dealing with lease renewals from a tenant's perspective.
- Train Station Landlord – providing advice for the relocation of retailers in the Grade I listed train station following refurbishment. Subsequently dealt with the negotiation of agreement for leases and leases to high end retailers at the station.
- National Fashion Retailer – dealing with lease re-gears for a variety of shopping centres nationally and estate management work.
- Department for Education – providing advice on a wide variety of transactions including the acquisition of freehold sites, long leases from local authorities, early access arrangements and licences to carry out works.
- Motor Retailer – assisting with estate management matters on a national scale.