Sara is a Practice Development Lawyer for the Planning & Infrastructure Team with a focus on Horizon scanning, Thought Leadership, Innovation and Training. Sara joined the firm in 2004 having previously worked as an energy lawyer at Hogan Lovells.
Sara is responsible for updating the Planning & Infrastructure Team on legal developments and she supports a number of clients in delivering their needs on horizon scanning. Sara has also authored articles on a wide variety of topics and sectors.
Sara provides supporting advice to practitioners in her team instructed on some of the largest for Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects (NSIPs) in the UK in the energy, transport, ports, waste and offshore wind sectors under the Planning Act 2008.
Experience includes advising on:
- The legislative and policy framework for applications for Development Consent for Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects (NSIPs)
- Ports' special and harbour specific powers under local legislation
- General town and country planning advice
- Road Traffic Regulation Orders, highways matters, diversion orders and stopping up orders
- Matters concerning Outdoor Advertisements and Signs
- The public sector biodiversity duty and the Freedom of Information Act and the Environmental Information Regulations.