Sam is a solicitor in the construction and engineering team in London and advises on both transactional and dispute resolution matters.
On the transactional side, Sam has worked with the IChemE, JCT, NEC and FIDIC forms of contract. Sam drafts and negotiates amendments to these standard forms, as well as ancillary documents, and manages completions of large scale construction and engineering projects. Additionally, Sam has reviewed and reported on various construction packages to produce due diligence reports in relation to construction projects.
On the contentious side, Sam advises clients on disputes arising under construction contracts.
Sam began his training contract with the firm in September 2014 as the first new trainee to work in the London office. During his training contract with the firm, Sam gained litigation and commercial experience relating to upstream oil and gas, insurance and construction.
- Onshore wind – advising a renewable energy client on a number of multi-million pound wind farm projects, with relevant contracts based on the FIDIC Yellow Book;
- Solar power – providing the construction perspective of a due diligence report in relation to a debt re-financing of two UK based solar plants;
- Sewer project – advising a private utility company on a multi-million pound refurbishment of a large sewer in Southern England, with the relevant contract based mainly on the NEC3 Option C Standard Form Agreement;
- Solar power – advising a renewable energy client on the renewal of an Operation and Maintenance Agreement;
- Care home construction – managing a project to construct a large care home, drafting and negotiating consultant appointments and advising on a JCT 2016 Schedule of Amendments;
- Surveyor negligence – advising a private client on pursuing an high value claim against a surveyor for a negligent refurbishment; and
- Secondment within the commercial contracts and corporate teams at IBM United Kingdom Limited.