Russell Berry has extensive experience in representing life insurance companies and commercial banks in all aspects of secured lending transactions, including originations, closings, problem loan resolutions, workouts, loan sales, foreclosures, liquidations and restructurings. On a daily basis, Russell works closely with officers of financial institutions in documenting and closing loan transactions and protecting the interests of secured creditors with regard to non-performing loans. On a number of occasions, Russell has been a speaker at seminars sponsored by the Georgia Institute of Continuing Legal Education and by financial institution clients. Russell is a dedicated practitioner who cautiously protects his client’s interests and never loses sight of the fact that creative solutions often must be found in order to assure that his client’s goals and expectations are successfully met.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- A national life insurance company in closing a $91,170,000 pool of loans secured by Marriott Hotels.
- A national life insurance company in closing a $73,000,000 loan secured by a mixed-used development.
- A national life insurance company in closing a $35,200,000 pool of loans secured by medical office buildings.
- A national life insurance company in the workout of a $100,000,000 loan secured by an office building.
- A national life insurance company in the foreclosure of a loan secured by a commercial shopping center.
- A major regional bank in closing a $22,500,000 acquisition loan secured by a premier golf facility.