Paul demonstrates an outstanding level of technical ability over all sectors of Real Estate work – he has particular expertise in commercial property and the energy sector, advising clients across the private and public sectors. In addition, he has developed a detailed understanding of property finance issues.
Clients regularly comment on the consistently high standard of service provided by Paul.
Examples of experience include advising:
- a variety of clients occupying retail, office and warehouse premises; dealing with their leases, agreements for lease, missives and day-to-day portfolio management. Paul has a particular specialism in acting for a variety of high street retailers and understanding their business
- landlords of retail, office and industrial premises. Specialist experience in purchasing shopping centres and then subsequently leading a team to manage the leasing and management work for the centre
- a range of clients in the purchase and sale of high-value property (including shopping centres, industrial estates, distilleries, offices and hotels)
- clients on obtaining funding for their purchases, investments and refinances. Leading cross-border funding deals for a range of banks on a wide and diverse set of assets
- on a range of wind and solar power schemes acting for developers, landowners, funders and sponsors, dealing with option agreements, leases, step-in agreements, advice on the bankability of projects, facilitating access rights and co-ordinating planning agreements. Paul led one of Scotland's largest renewables banking projects (lending in the region of £185m) and was instructed to act as the lead Bank on reviewing the bankability of a significant wind portfolio
- a large petroleum company in their dis-investment sales, complex remediation provisions, landlord and tenant leases and enforcement of title conditions to ensure enforceability of post-environmental remediation conditions. Paul has particular expertise in the acquisition and subsequent management of refineries
- alongside corporate team colleagues to provide strong and seamless real estate support in the sale and purchase of a variety of businesses including the purchase of a Scottish Airport, sale and purchase of distilleries and hotels
- on various administration projects, including on an in-depth two-year project of unravelling and sale of several development sites (including the variation of various overage agreements).