Paul advises on a range of property matters, with specialism in the acquisition, promotion and disposal of large-scale housing and mixed-use developments. He has secured interests for developers in a number of strategic land sites through promotion and option agreements, some of which will constitute new settlements or urban extensions. He then advises on disposals which often involve the recovery of development costs and secured deferred payments.
He acts for commercial landlords and tenants on property management issues, including new lettings and associated ancillary documentation. Paul acts for national businesses on lettings of industrial units and office space, and takes a lead role in the management of a telecommunications operator’s large property portfolio.
Paul has experience undertaking due diligence and producing reports when assisting with investment acquisitions, disposals and refinancing.
Examples of experience include:
- Drafting, negotiating and completing linked agreements (containing developer options) for the promotion, site assembly and disposal of a proposed ‘garden suburb’ for Commercial Estates Group
- Acting for Commercial Estates Group on the acquisition of a new construction/management depot, including deferred consideration provisions for an un-adopted access road
- Acting for Airwave Solutions on the management of its extensive property portfolio, including the development of IT systems to enhance the efficiency and cost effectiveness of delivering new lettings
- Completing a pre-let development agreement for lease and onward letting of a mixed use development to a national supermarket for an intermediate investor
- Assisting with property due diligence as part of an inter-disciplinary team on the acquisition and refinancing of large property businesses.