Patrick is an associate in the Charlotte office whose practice focuses on representing (1) financial service entities in complex commercial disputes before state and federal courts in the US, as well as international arbitrations; (2) aircraft engine manufacturers and medical device manufacturers in product liability disputes; and (3) local government agencies and public officials in constitutional claims under 42 U.S.C. § 1983, state law tort claims, and EEOC investigations. Patrick also counsels the furniture industry on a variety of regulatory issues, with particular focus on new CPSC and EPA developments.
Civic and Professional Activities
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Duke Law Alumni Association
- Interviewer, Duke Alumni Admissions Program
- North Carolina Pro Bono Honor Society
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients
- Representing US food service company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of a Fortune 500 company, regarding licensing and intellectual property dispute in international commercial arbitration seated in Zurich and administered by the Swiss Chambers’ Arbitration Institution.
- Represented medical device manufacturer in pelvic mesh multidistrict litigation through taking more than 15 depositions of plaintiffs and treating physicians.