Morgan’s practice focuses on corporate bankruptcy and creditor’s rights in complex chapter 11 proceedings. Morgan primarily practices in the bankruptcy court in Wilmington, Delaware. She has broad experience representing debtors, creditors’ committees, lenders, bondholders, secured and unsecured creditors, liquidation trustees, landlords, asset-purchasers, and other interested entities in various bankruptcy reorganization and liquidation proceedings.
Her bankruptcy work includes all matters of litigation and transactions, including involuntary petitions, avoidance actions, relief-from-stay proceedings, trustee motions, sale and purchase of assets, executory contracts and lease issues, post-petition financing, disclosure statements, plan confirmation, and representing liquidating trustees and plan administrators in the wind-down of estates. Morgan also has expertise with cross-border insolvency proceedings, specifically with respect to the consummation of large cross-border asset sales
The Rationale Behind Del’s Pink Slime Ruling, Bankruptcy 360, Feb. 15, 2013
- Membership Chair for the International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation, Delaware Chapter
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Delaware Bankruptcy Inn of Court
- Delaware State Bar Association
Honors and Awards
Selected to the 2018 Delaware Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Foreign Representatives. Counsel to Richter Advisory Group as the foreign representative of Thane International and certain of its subsidiaries in connection with the Chapter 15 bankruptcy cases filed to effectuate a sale of assets in the United States and Canada; Counsel to A. Farber & Counsel Inc. as the foreign representative of Axios Logistics Solutions Inc. and certain of its affiliates in connection with the Chapter 15 cases filed to effectuate a sale of assets in the United States and Canada.
- Plan Fiduciaries. Counsel to litigation trustee in bankruptcy cases filed by debtors that were significant manufacturer of parts and components in transportation and heavy truck industries; Counsel to plan trustee for debtors that previously operated close to 500 retail stores predominately in the Southern and Midwest United States.
- Chapter 11 Debtors. Counsel to Chapter 11 debtors in possession in a sports media case in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York; Counsel to Chapter 11 debtor in possession in an online retail case in United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Creditors/Parties in Interest. Counsel to creditor in successful dismissal of bankruptcy petition filed by a retailer of skincare products in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware; Counsel to landlords in multiple cases, including a national electronics retailer and national supermarket chain.