Lucy has experience of a range of commercial disputes, working on cases in the High Court (experience includes proceedings in the Queen’s Bench Division, Chancery Division, Technology and Construction Court and the Companies Court) and on alternative dispute resolution processes, such as mediation. Lucy advises clients in relation to disputes in the transport sector, manufacturing sector, public services sector and the technology sector.
- a national organisation on defending a class action by 500+ claimants regarding allegations that its IT systems suffered from defects that led to individuals being held wrongfully liable for financial losses and convicted of theft and false accounting.
- a multinational rail vehicle and equipment company in public procurement challenges to the outcomes of tender processes.
- an international oil and gas company with regard to its £60 million claim under a Transportation and Processing Agreement regarding the shutting down of platform and associated facilities.
- a manufacturer in relation to a claim for damages and delivery up of goods.
- a leading train operating company in relation to a claim for compensation.