Laura Hester is foremost a business lawyer with a practice centered on complex commercial real estate and corporate transactions. She builds long-standing relationships with clients by being attentive, learning about the complexities of their businesses, and providing concierge-level service on each deal, from the beginning of a project to the end. Laura’s clients look to her to help them solve intricate problems and to partner with them to achieve their short- and long-term goals.
Representing owners, developers, investors and managers of hotel, multifamily, student housing, condominium, retail, office and industrial properties in multifaceted transactions, Laura manages projects during each phase to ensure progress and attends to all details efficiently. For corporate clients that do not have internal legal departments, Laura serves as general counsel, advising on private equity, finance, mergers and acquisitions, secured lending, and technology licensing, strategic restructurings and corporate governance matters. Laura assists and strengthens these businesses by building and managing highly effective, efficient teams to help them accomplish their desired results.
Laura serves the community through her work on the board of The City of Norcross Downtown Development Authority and is a member of CREW Atlanta. Laura also leads the Women of Womble (W.O.W.) initiative for the Atlanta office, which promotes and supports women in the workplace—both within the firm and beyond.
Georgia Super Lawyers - Rising Star
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented hotel developers in acquisition, construction, management, financing and development of various properties with attendant restaurant and retail outlets in Atlanta, Charleston, Birmingham, Tuscaloosa, Asheville, Charlotte, Savannah, Orlando and Taos.
- Counseled developer through all aspects of acquisition and development of a mixed-use development incorporating multifamily, retail and hotel uses, including negotiation of public financing, land use entitlements, joint venture equity and debt financing transactions, and resolution of environmental contamination concerns.
- Negotiate hotel and restaurant franchise agreements for multiple hospitality clients.
- Advised issuer in creation of multimillion-dollar equity fund for investment in regional portfolio of multifamily residential projects.
- Represented issuer in $6.5 million preferred-stock purchase by a strategic investor.