As a member of and former leader of Womble Bond Dickinson’s US real estate team, for more than 35 years, Ken Logwood has guided clients through real estate sales, acquisitions, financing, partnerships and commercial development, particularly in and around Washington, DC, one of the US’s most active real estate marketplaces. Among his clients are brand-name real estate companies from around the nation and around the world, including developers, builders and owners. In addition to serving corporate commercial real estate companies, he has deep experience with single-family, multifamily, community, resort and retail developers and financiers.
Chambers & Co. declares that Ken is well-liked by clients, who “trust his judgment” and also admire that “he understands real estate and knows how to translate it into something other people can understand.” Chambers also reports the assertion by “one impressed client” who avers that “he understands our business incredibly well and is a deal-maker not a deal-breaker – he finds a way to get to a resolution in a transaction each time.”
- Member, Urban Land Institute
- Member, National Association of Homebuilders
Honors and Awards
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (BL Rankings), Real Estate Law, 2012 – Present
- Super Lawyers Honoree, Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers magazine (Thomson Reuters), 2009 – 2017
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented developer in connection with acquisition and development of 2,000-acre master planned community, including acquisition and development financing, and sales of developed parcels to homebuilders.
- Represented public traded homebuilder in its joint venture with another publicly traded homebuilder in the redevelopment of industrial property, including a $130 million acquisition and development credit facility.
- Represented developer in $50 million construction financing and development of Class A office buildings leased as headquarters to publicly traded logistics support company.
- Represented publicly traded homebuilder in connection with joint venture for the acquisition and development of property as master planned residential community, including a $200 million acquisition and development credit facility.
- Represented developer in negotiation of development management agreement with landowner for development of 1,000 acre active adult resort community.