Keith Mendelson is a veteran corporate transactions lawyer bringing to his clients his distinctive combination of experiences as a longtime law firm partner and as general counsel of two technology companies. Until recently, Keith served as a member of the firm’s US management and executive committees and as head of the firm’s (US) Corporate & Securities Practice Group, which is made up of more than 130 professionals.
Keith has more than 30 years of experience working with public and private companies, founders and owners, and private equity firms, both domestically and internationally, in a wide range of corporate, transactional and securities matters, including mergers and acquisitions, public and private offerings, complex international transactions, compliance with federal and state securities laws, partnerships, limited liability companies, licensing and joint venture agreements.
Keith advises clients who are predominantly technology and government related; he helps clients from many segments including information technology, computer hardware and software, telecommunications, government contracts, e-commerce and internet, energy services and technologies and life sciences.
Keith is a long-time resident and active business community leader in the Washington, DC metro area including having served as president and on the board of directors of the Association for Corporate Growth (National Capital Chapter).
Presentations and Publications
- Co-author, The Federal Securities Laws Exemptions Used for Venture Capital Placements and Employee Stock Purchases: Regulation D, Section 4(2), Rule 701, and Other Exemptions, Venture Capital and Public Offering Negotiation, Annual Supplements, Aspen Law and Business, 1989-2001.
- Contributing author, The Private Offering Handbook, Prentice Hall Law and Business, 1990
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors of the National Capital Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth, 1993-2001 and 2006-2010, Chapter President, 1994-1995
Honors and Awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© in the fields of Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities / Capital Markets Law, Venture Capital Law, 2015 - Present
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- A private equity firm in its acquisition of a leading provider of system design and development, systems integration, program management, intelligence solutions, and technical training to military and intelligence agencies and several subsequent tuck-in acquisitions.
- The owners and management of a critical resource provider to the energy services sector in a sale of a majority interest in the company to a New York- based private equity firm.
- The management team in a leveraged-buy-out of a value-added solutions provider of technology products, services and solutions to the government and business owners; the subsequent sale of control of the company to a New York-based private equity firm; and the ultimate sale on behalf of the management team and the private equity firm to another private equity firm.
- The owners and management of a leading cyber defense product and services company that supports the US defense, intelligence and civilian government agencies and critical industrial networks in a sale of the company to a New York- based private equity firm.
- The owners and management of a provider of intelligence services to the NSA and other US government agencies in a sale of the company to a leading public defense, intelligence and national security company.