Julian is the leader of the firm's Banking and Financial Services team – a Band one ranked team nationally by Chambers 2016. Julian specialises in all aspects of debt finance work for banks and other institutional lenders and also advises on borrower issues. Core areas of advice include acquisition and real estate finance, security and inter-creditor issues, restructuring and refinance work. He is experienced in invoice discounting arrangements and has a particular knowledge of issues arising from the financing of the wholesale motor trade.
He advises on bilateral and club deals and has LMA membership. Julian is the firm's client partner for two national clearing banks.
Examples of experience include advising:
- An overseas private bank on a £90m real estate finance facility secured on UK property
- Two banks – one providing debt and the other invoice discounting facilities – on the £10m funding of an MBO
- The borrower on a £70m refinance of working capital and provision of acquisition facilities
- On the provision of £30m bilateral facilities by two banks to a regional brewery to fund expansion
- Two funders in novation of facilities from target to acquirer in the context of an assets sale and purchase
- Two funders on the provision of £40m facilities to an international law firm.
"Looks beyond the law; he can guide us commercially as well."