Jonny specialises in dispute resolution with a particular focus on the manufacturing, technology, energy and transport sectors. He advises clients in relation to a broad range of contentious matters including contractual and tortious disputes, regulatory issues, disputes between shareholders/joint venture partners etc., unfair prejudice claims and post-termination employment disputes.
Jonny helps clients to resolve these issues through negotiation, mediation, expert determination, early neutral evaluation, arbitration and litigation. He also advises clients in relation to risk management and strategies for avoiding disputes or resolving them at an early stage.
Examples of recent experience include advising:
- A technology and IT services company in relation to a dispute concerning the architecture of a customer service platform
- A train operating company in relation to a dispute with the manufacturer of rolling stock involving delay and quality issues
- A distribution network operator in relation to a claim concerning damage caused by an electrical surge
- A waste management company in relation to an adjudication concerning the construction of a waste treatment facility
- A firm of commercial property agents in relation to proceedings concerning post termination restrictive covenants
- A holiday park operator in relation to issues arising out of the coronavirus pandemic.
'The "excellent" and "intelligent" Jonathan Gribben is experienced in handling a range of commercial disputes, including unfair prejudice and breach of warranty claims.'