Jonny specialises in dispute resolution. He advises clients in relation to contractual and regulatory disputes, professional negligence claims, competition claims, partnership and shareholder disputes, insolvency litigation and Equality Act claims.
Jonny has litigated in the High Court and has a detailed knowledge of civil procedure. In addition to Court proceedings, Jonny has assisted clients to resolve disputes through arbitration, mediation, expert determination and early neutral evaluation.
Examples of experience include advising:
- A national organisation in relation to proceedings brought by almost 200 claimants which alleges that its point-of-sale and accounting IT system suffered from defects that had led to dozens of individuals being allegedly wrongly convicted of theft and false accounting
- An infrastructure manager in its successful defence of a claim alleging that the track access charges levied in respect of certain types of freight wagons were discriminatory
- Govia Thameslink Railway Limited as an Interested Party to an application for permission to bring a Judicial Review by an association of passengers (permission refused)
- Arriva plc in its successful defence of a competition claim concerning an alleged abuse of a dominant position and an associated claim that the tender process operated by the other party to the proceedings was defective
- A chemicals company in relation to a contractual dispute concerning the performance of a manufacturing agreement
- A chemicals company in relation to a number of warranty claims arising out of an acquisition
- A distribution network operator in connection with a fire claim and a challenge to the reasonableness of the limitation of liability provisions in the National Terms of Connection
- A County Council regarding a referral to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator under the School Organisation (Prescribed Alterations of Maintained Schools) (England) Regulations 2013
- Two individuals in relation to a claim for professional negligence against their former solicitors arising out of the acquisition of an engineering company.