Jon is a multi-dimensional litigator who leverages his legal and engineering experience to solve his clients’ problems. He is particularly experienced in highly complex cases where he prides himself on his ability to distill difficult technical concepts into easily digestible material for the consumption of judges and juries.
Jon currently focuses his practice on the defense of corporations in large-scale product liability and mass torts cases, but is also a licensed patent attorney with significant experience representing global clients in patent infringement litigation across a range of venues and technologies. Jon has represented his clients before state and federal courts, the US International Trade Commission, and the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Prior to joining Womble Bond Dickinson, Jon was an associate at a leading Washington, DC-based intellectual property law firm. He received a BSE in chemical engineering from the University of Michigan and a JD from the University of Virginia.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Representing RJ Reynolds in individual wrongful death and personal injury actions in numerous state and federal jurisdictions.
- Successfully defended a large German automaker against allegations of patent infringement at the US International Trade Commission and in federal court.
- Assisted a generic drug company in obtaining a favorable settlement in patent infringement litigation against a large European drug company related to a respiratory drug product.
- Represented a Maryland-based software company in a trade secret misappropriation case against a former employee in federal court.
- Defended the validity of numerous network security patents before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board of the US Patent and Trademark Office.