James is a Partner in the Womble Bond Dickinson Corporate department.
James is a Partner experienced in advising a broad variety of clients, from small owner-managed businesses to large corporates, on the full range of corporate matters. He has a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions and in putting in place arrangements between shareholders.
James has wide experience of advising on private equity transactions, having acted recently for LDC, Cairngorm Capital, NorthEdge, Enact, Nimbus and NVM. Key recent highlights included having acted for LDC in connection with its investment in Aspire Technology and NVM on its investment in Easby Electronics.
Finally, James has lots of experience advising management teams in connection with private equity investment and this year advised the management team of Boxpark in relation to the investment in that business by LDC.
Experience includes advising:
- Nobles on the sale of Brighton Pier to the Eclectic Bar Group
- Enact on its investments in the West Cornwall Pasty Company and Stirling Dynamics Limited and its subsequent disposal of the West Cornwall Pasty Company
- NorthEdge on its investment in Clearly Drinks
- Cairngorm Capital on its investments in Polyframe and Stevenswood
- Adare on the disposal of Adare Advantage Limited
- Adare advising the management team in connection with the investment by Endless LLP in Adare Group Limited
- The Works advising Dean Hoyle and others in connection with the additional investment by Endless LLP in the Works
- Solingen on its maiden investment in GEM Scientific Limited.