James is a Legal Director in the Corporate department. Before joining the firm in February 2016, James worked at Gordons and Addleshaw Goddard in Leeds.
James is experienced in advising a broad variety of clients, from small owner-managed businesses to large corporates, on the full range of corporate matters. He has a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions and in putting in place arrangements between shareholders.
James has wide experience of advising on private equity transactions, having acted for a number of investors and recently advised NorthEdge in connection with its investment in Clearly Drinks and Enact on its acquisition of Kennelpak. James also acted for Enact on its disposal of The West Cornwall Pasty Company. James has also undertaken a number of transactions on behalf of Stevenswood and Polyframe, following on from the investment in those businesses by Cairngorm Capital in 2016.
Finally, James has lots of experience advising management teams in connection with private equity investment and this year advised the management team of PRAC Financial in relation to the investment in that business by Endless.
Experience includes advising:
- Nobles on the sale of Brighton Pier to the Eclectic Bar Group
- Enact on its investments in the West Cornwall Pasty Company and Stirling Dynamics Limited and its subsequent disposal of the West Cornwall Pasty Company
- NorthEdge on its investment in Clearly Drinks
- Cairngorm Capital on its investments in Polyframe and Stevenswood
- Adare on the disposal of Adare Advantage Limited
- Adare advising the management team in connection with the investment by Endless LLP in Adare Group Limited
- The Works advising Dean Hoyle and others in connection with the additional investment by Endless LLP in the Works
- Solingen on its maiden investment in GEM Scientific Limited.