Ian specialises in all types of property management transactions such as disposals, shared ownership leases, tenancies, licences, transfer of equity and consents to disposals and general property management matters within the social housing sector.
He also has knowledge of lease extension and enfranchisement matters as they affect both registered providers and other types of residential landlords.
Additionally he also acts on behalf of registered provider clients when they purchase land or units from private developers on developments subject to s.106 agreements such acquisitions including reports on the title to the land being acquired.
He deals with the preparation of estate set-up and the drafting of precedent documentation to be used on both open market sales and the new grant of shared owner ship leases and has experience of dealing with matters relating to the grant of airspace lease for solar panel projects and provides training to clients as required by them on regulatory and consent issues.
- On general landlord and tenant matters including lease renewals, surrenders and assignments and applications for consent
- On mortgagee in possession sales
- On lease extension and enfranchisement advice on both a voluntary and statutory basis
- Drafting and preparing shared ownership leases and open market sales on new developments
- And training clients on disposals and appropriate consent and regulatory issues
- On Right to Buy, Right to Acquire and voluntary disposals
- On voluntary sales to tenants pursuant to various affordable housing schemes
- On stock swaps and at the disposal and refinance of residential property portfolios
- On the disposals of units to assist with restructuring plans.