Ian is a member of the Professional Risks and Disputes Resolution Team having rejoined private practice from QBE where he worked as a complex claims adjuster. Ian has experience of handling professional negligence claims in a wide range of areas include the technology, cyber and media arena as well as solicitors, accountants, surveyors and other construction professionals as well as insured's in the emerging sectors such as environmental consultants.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Advising and liaising with a major public broadcaster following a high profile incident and subsequent claim brought by an individual and resulting from, amongst others, allegations of breach of privacy
- Dealing with a claim involving allegations of theft of significant monies by a partner in a law firm
- Dealing with a claim against environmental consultants involving allegations of inadequate day to day management and fore planning relating to woodlands comprising a large estate
- Dealing with a range of claims involving insureds of varying sizes and resulting from "cyber attacks" involving malware/ransomware etc as well as data theft
- Dealing with a significant claim against a building contractor resulting from the alleged negligent underpinning of a multi storey car park at an out of town mixed use recreational site.