Harriet is a highly experienced private client solicitor specialising in advising UK-based clients. She advises on all areas of private client including the drafting of Wills, Trusts, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Advance Decisions for both individuals and trustees. She also provides related inheritance tax advice. Harriet takes a holistic view and her advice is given in the light of the client's values and circumstances.
Harriet began her career with seventeen years (eight of which remotely) at a leading London law firm. Immediately prior to joining Womble Bond Dickinson, she spent four years working for a firm of accountants in Scotland as the sole employed solicitor. Having worked in Scotland, she is also experienced in dealing with issues involving Scots law.
Examples of experience include:
- Advising the Executors of an estate (and the Trustees of the subsequent trust) comprising land, investments, works of art and business interests) worth c.20m across multiple jurisdictions. The deceased was also the settlor and beneficiary of a number of trusts
- Coordinating a multi-jurisdictional team across a number of professional firms to minimise the inheritance tax burden (and the burden of similar taxes in other jurisdictions) and ensure protection for the beneficiaries, some of whom were minors
- Advising a titled and landowning family with assets (including works of art) worth over £1bn. Harriet successfully extended the firms' relationship while advising on a number of matters including trust issues and preparing Wills for the head of the family and other key family members
- Drafting Wills for high net worth individuals including those with complex family situations, including vulnerable beneficiaries and international assets
- Acting both as professional advisor and Executor in a multi-million pound Estate where all beneficiaries and family members were overseas. Dealing with all practical as well as legal aspects of the administration.