Gareth's skills include advocacy, negotiation, problem solving and project management.
Gareth leads on significant litigation cases, in particular, in the areas of fraud, injunctive relief and anti-avoidance transactions.
Gareth's style is to be proactive and find creative solutions for his clients. He will explore all avenues to keep clients away from brand damaging and costly court actions but if there is no alternative, he is the no nonsense litigator to have in your corner.
Examples of experience include advising:
- International petrol company and retailer. Multi-million, multi-jurisdiction complex fraud case
- International brewing company. Complex litigation and negotiations following collapse of supply chain
- Leading Court of Appeal cases on transactions at an under value
- Lead litigator on Court of Appeal solicitor/client privilege cases, creating new law
- DTI prosecutor for Insolvency Act offices
Gareth is a Higher Court Advocate and is a previous winner of Solicitor of the Year at The Lawyer Awards and Litigator of the Year at The Credit Industry Awards.
"Leading light ... sophisticated operator ... prized by clients for negotiation and litigation skills ."
"One of the best leading names in the country."
Chambers Guide to the UK Legal Profession identifies Gareth as a leader in the fields of Dispute Resolution and Banking Litigation, positioning him in the Best of UK Spotlight table for debt and asset recovery