Emma specialises in large-scale mixed use schemes, highways, infrastructure development, compulsory purchase, strategic planning and plan/policy development, Environmental Impact Assessment and Habitats Regulation. She has experience advising large scale public and private sector clients, including local government and has particular expertise in highways and energy projects. As a barrister, and previously a member of Landmark Chambers, Emma also often provides advocacy for clients at Examinations and Inquires.
- National Highways – Emma is a lead advisor for National Highways across a number of its largest and most high-profile projects. She was a lead partner advising National Highways on: A66 Northern Trans-Pennine DCO Application; A27 Arundel Bypass optioneering, DCO application and judicial reviews; A303 Stonehenge DCO application, judicial review and re-determination; A120 optioneering; M4 Junction 3-12 Smart Motorway DCO application, implementation and non-material change application
- Guildford Borough Council – advising the Council on Commons Act and Allotment Act applications in connection with the Weyside Urban Village; advising the Council on s/278/38 agreements with Surrey County Council and Network Rail for the Ash Road Bridge
- Medworth Combined Heat and Power Facility – advising MVV Energie on the promotion of a DCO for an Energy from Waste Combined Heat and Power Facility in Wisbeach
- Cory Environmental – on the promotion of a DCO for an integrated Energy Park in the London Borough of Bexley, including energy recovery facility, anaerobic digester, solar generation, battery storage and electricity connection; defending a judicial review of the granted DCO; advising on s.36 application for variation of consent for Riverside Resource Recovery Facility
- London Borough of Newham – advising the Council on a variety of development sites and s.106 agreements
- Heathrow Airport Limited – on the promotion of the third runway and the interaction of the proposals with the M25 and other local roads
- Aggregate Industries – providing strategic advice in relation to their sites across England
- London Resort – leading on negotiation of the s.106 agreement for Ebbsfleet Development Corporation and the combined authorities
- National Grid – on their application for 155km of new 400KV overhead lines and underground cables to connect the Moorside Nuclear Power Station and the interface with Transport for Greater Manchester's TWAO Application for the Trafford Park Tram Extension
- North Killingholme Power Project – promoting the first CCGT/IGCC power station consented under the Planning Act 2008
- Natural England and Marine Management Organisation – on a number of offshore wind and other proposals under the Planning Act 2008 and Marine and Coast Access Act 2009.