Ellen specialises in agricultural and rural property matters including sales and purchases of agricultural land, agricultural tenancies, leases of telecommunications sites and the granting of rights and easements. She has a particular interest in Agricultural Holdings Act tenancies and succession rights.
Examples of experience include advising:
- in relation to the acquisition of a rural estate in Northern England comprising sporting, agricultural and residential assets for £18 million.
- in relation to the sale of a rural estate in the North East involving commercial, sporting and residential aspects at a price of c £5 million.
- In relation to the acquisition of an estate in North Yorkshire, involving commercial and residential elements and complex third party grazing arrangements for c £4.85 million.
- in relation to the letting of a renowned commercial grouse moor in the North of England.
- in the settlement of a decade-long family dispute in relation to an Agricultural Holdings Act application for succession on the death of the former tenant.