Our expertise in agriculture, farms and estates
Our lawyers provide comprehensive advice surrounding the development of agricultural properties, implementing effective business structures and offering legal guidance in regards to succession planning and more.
Working together with landowners on development deals, our agricultural and real estate teams act in connection with the sale, purchase and letting of all kinds of rural property and land. Ultimately, we are here to help estate owners effectively pass on land and businesses to the next generation smoothly, including help with inheritance tax relief, preparing wills and putting in place succession planning objectives.
Agricultural property services
Our team of agricultural property lawyers regularly advise on all aspects of rural property transactions across the complexities of a sale, purchase and mortgaging of land and offer specialised services such as:
- Advice on buying and selling farms, country estates or rural land
- Assisting with capital tax planning
- Discussing succession plans and heritage exemptions
- Offering advice on Manorial rights and all aspects of tenancy law.
Agricultural dispute services
If you’re struggling to navigate the complexities of agricultural disputes, our lawyers are on-hand to assist with any issues surrounding farming businesses, landed estates and land owners, helping to resolve a range of contentious issues such as:
- Estate management, agricultural landlord and tenant issues
- Advice on general asset management
- Help with the negotiation of minerals leases
- Advice on resolving any Agricultural Holdings Act issues
- Acting on behalf of landowning charities.
Our agricultural solicitors have years of expertise behind them to help support clients with decisions in regards to their current agricultural properties and in preparation for the future of their landed estates. Get in touch with our team of accomplished private wealth and estate lawyers to discover the ways in which we can help today.