Ellen works on engaging transactions with commercial real estate and capital markets clients who do interesting and complex projects – like lease deals for sports franchises or financing a hydroelectric plant –but, more importantly, she provides counsel to clients that create jobs and sustain communities. Ellen is a deal attorney who operates with the requisite buying, selling, leasing, financing and commercial property transactions chops. She separates herself from the rest by knowing her clients’ business goals, whether they are identifying new market tax credits for mixed-use development or knowing the needs of investment managers in the timber and agricultural sector.
In addition, Ellen counsels borrowers and lenders in commercial lending transactions. She has served as local counsel on a variety of multistate financing deals. Her previous experience includes meeting a wide range of business needs for Middle Market (and larger) companies, including contract review, trademark and copyright filings, and general corporate work.
Ellen is licensed in both a common law jurisdiction and in a civil law jurisdiction, which makes her familiar with the two major worldwide legal traditions. In addition, she obtained a certificate in international law from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law.
- Supreme Court Cuts the Cord on Aereo (for Now), Fashion & Entertainment Law Guide, July 16, 2014.
- Comment, The Taxman Cometh: The Constitutionality of Taxing Compensatory Damages for Non-Physical Injuries, 54 Loyola Law Review 375 (2008).
Civic and Professional Activities
- Board member, American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Louisiana, 2012-2014.
- Member, SOLACE, 2008-2014. SOLACE provides comfort and compassion to members of the legal community dealing with family deaths or catastrophic illnesses and injuries.
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
Honors and Awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Real Estate Law, 2018
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Worked on a team representing the owner of two sports franchises with respect to property-related matters, including stadium lease and other real estate acquisition matters.
- Represented a national bank with corporate real estate acquisitions, dispositions and leasing of retail and office properties.
- Represented an institutional investment manager of timberland and agricultural property in the acquisition, disposition and financing of timberland and farmland.
- Worked on a team representing national and regional retailers in connection with the acquisition, ground leasing and development of retail sites.
- Worked on a team representing a life insurance company in the acquisition of commercial real estate, including office and multi-family properties.
- Worked on a team representing life insurance companies in connection with commercial real estate lending.