David is a managing associate in our transport team, having joined in 2010 following completion of his training contract with the firm.
He has a focus on the transport, logistics and infrastructure sector specialising in rail with particular expertise in rolling stock. He regularly advises on rolling stock procurement, leasing, maintenance and modification arrangements, as well as advising train operators on franchise agreement arrangements and other general commercial, operational and regulatory matters.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Abellio East Anglia on the procurement of the UK's largest privately funded investment in new rolling stock for the East Anglia rail franchise
- Govia Thameslink Railway on the maintenance aspects of its procurement of new rolling stock for the Great Northern suburban routes
- Abellio ScotRail on its procurement of new rolling stock and the rolling stock aspects of its franchise mobilisation (including leasing, maintenance and modification arrangements)
- Southeastern on all rolling stock aspects of its direct award franchise mobilisation (including leasing, maintenance and modification arrangements)
- London Midland on all rolling stock aspects of its direct award franchise mobilisation (including leasing, maintenance and modification arrangements)
- Govia Thameslink and Southeastern on the rolling stock arrangements regarding the introduction of increased capacity on the South Eastern network
- Southeastern and Govia Thameslink Railway on all aspects of the procurement of passenger on-train Wi-Fi equipment and services (including franchise agreement amendments, modification and services agreements and rolling stock leasing amendments and consents)
- Abellio ScotRail on its HST enhancement modifications
- London Midland on the modification of its Class 350/2 fleet to operate at 110mph (including franchise agreement amendments and the modification contract)
- Southern on its refinancing of Class 387 rolling stock
- Govia Thameslink Railway on its maintenance arrangements for its Electrostar fleet
- Govia Thameslink Railway on depot enhancement works arrangements (including funding arrangements)
- on modification and maintenance arrangements, including:
- spares supply agreements, train services agreements, technical support and spares supply agreements, heavy engineering framework agreements and heavy maintenance agreements;
- energy metering, CCTV, GSM-R, remote condition monitoring, driver advisory systems, selective door operation, Wi-Fi and PRM modifications; and
- mid-life refresh works.