David works in our Developers and Investors team. He is based in our Leeds office but operates nationally.
He primarily acts for property developer clients with a focus on large-scale, residential-led, mixed-use schemes. David has particular expertise in dealing with strategic land and specialises in negotiating Planning/Promotion Agreements, Option Agreements and Conditional Sale Agreements.
Since qualifying in 2010, David has seen a large number of development and redevelopment projects mature from initial site investigation, though the planning permission process, and on to final sale to a variety of national house builders (often on a phased basis, usually with secured deferred payments and complex overage arrangements).
David has acted on a range of other commercial developments. He has acted both for local authorities and private sector service providers on the property aspects of public sector projects.
David acts for investor clients on the acquisition and disposal of commercial property, often as part of wider business sales and purchases.
David is also experienced in dealing with portfolio management matters for both landlords and tenants across the retail, office and industrial sectors.
- A development project manager client on a large-scale, multi-phased disposal to a national housebuilder with an initial purchase price in excess of £24 million
- Both landowner clients and development project manager clients on a range of other disposals of residential-led, mixed-use development schemes to national housebuilders
- On the acquisition and disposal of dealerships for a number of clients within the motor trade, include the disposal of a portfolio of used car dealerships for a purchase price in excess of £20 million
- On a large number of planning/promotion agreements and option agreements for the acquisition and/or promotion of strategic development land
- On a wide range of leasehold and leasehold management matters for both landlord and tenant clients.
David is described as a “rising star” in the Legal 500 directory 2014.