Dana advises clients on almost every aspect of the construction process. She is an experienced litigator in state and federal court, where she regularly defends contractors, architects, developers, sureties and construction product manufacturers on a host of issues arising from public and private construction projects, including residential and commercial builds.
Dana prosecutes claims as well, including enforcing indemnity agreements on behalf of sureties and representing contractors for payment claims against owners. She also assists regional and national homebuilders with issues including diffusing pre-litigation claims, engaging subcontractor insurance for defects, drafting contracts and releases, and deaths on construction sites.
Dana has considerable experience defending construction products from design defect and manufacturing defect allegations. She has particular depth in defending window manufacturers and shingle manufacturers, both in class actions and in single and multi- family contexts. She co-drafted an amicus brief to the South Carolina Supreme Court on behalf of the Products Liability Advisory Council.
Finally, Dana works closely with contractors performing work for the United States Government. She has assisted her clients in preparing requests for equitable adjustments, has drafted bid and size protests, and has litigated claims before the Board of Contract Appeals. She has also worked out disputes between joint venture clients performing work for the government and has experience with set-asides and MATOC contracts.
Author, South Carolina Chapter of The Surety Underwriter’s Desk Book. The publication is intended as a desk reference for the surety industry
- South Carolina Protection and Advocacy System for People with Disabilities Board of Directors, Low Country Region Vice-Chair
- Camp Good Times, Board Member
- Alumni School Liaison Committee Member, Charleston School of Law Alumni Board
- American Bar Association: Forum on Construction, Member
- National Association of Women in Construction, Member
- DRI, The Voice of the Defense Bar, member
- Women In the Law Subcommittee
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Enforce sureties’ rights to indemnification on construction project bonds.
- Draft and negotiate subcontract and design agreements for owners and contractors.
- Represent general contractors, architects, and developers in multi-million dollar construction disputes.
- Counsel for window manufacturers defending against product liability allegations.
- Prosecute government contractors’ claims before the Board of Contract Appeals.