Having been admitted to practise law as an attorney in the US before being admitted to the roll of solicitors in England and Wales, Christian has maintained a dual-licensed status through his professional career to date. As a natural consequence of that, Christian has a specific interest in cross border matters involving the UK/US and particularly enjoys working with US-based clients that are looking to establish or extend operations in the UK and vice versa.
A commercially-minded lawyer at heart, Christian has a mixture of regulatory, in-house and private practice experience. Within that, he's developed a practice focus on data, privacy and information law with a supporting interest in technology-based products and services. However, he also has experience with private equity funds and corporate transactions, as well as other common areas of regulatory compliance such as financial services, bribery and corruption, money laundering and modern slavery.
Examples of recent experience include:
- Janus International - advising on licensing terms, user journeys, contractual data processing relationships and international data transfers
- Chipotle Mexican Grill - advising on various data protection and commercial matters including merchant acquirer agreements, delivery platform arrangements and privacy notices
- Avacta Life Sciences plc - advising on various data protection compliance matters including policies and procedures, use of special category, intragroup data sharing and privacy notices
- Endless LLP - advising on various PE-backed acquisitions and disposals, including most recently disposal of the BSW Timber Group
- Astute, Inc (Emplifi). - advised on the cross-border acquisition of Go Instore, a technology-based service that utilises VOIP telephony to connect home shoppers with in-store retail staff