Chris is the firm’s expert on matters of leasehold reform and enfranchisement together with transactions where the provisions of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 and the potential pre-emption rights of tenants need to be taken into account. He provides high-level advice to clients arising out of these highly technical areas of practice.
In addition, Chris advises on all other residential investment work including sales and acquisitions both of individual units and of portfolios. With 22 years’ experience of the residential sector Chris is able to provide considerable insight to his clients given his wide knowledge of the field.
Chris has also previously lectured on the University of Northumbria’s Advanced Property LLM course.
Examples of experience include advising:
- As the primary advisor on enfranchisement and leasehold reform matters to the largest listed residential landlord in the UK
- As the lead property fee earner in the formation of venture between two property investment forms to acquire 598 residential and 2 commercial properties for £111m which were then charged
- A member of the Law Commissions legal advisory group on residential enfranchisement and lease extension reform
- As the lead fee earner on a number of large-scale disposals where the provisions of the Landlord & Act 1987 were required to be compliant
- Registered Providers on enfranchisement and lease extension strategies for properties which qualify under the Leasehold Reform Housing & Urban Development Act 1993.