Charles specialises in the development and financing of infrastructure projects. His focus is on analysis and allocation of risks and project structuring to support finance.
Charles regularly manages cross-discipline teams and teams involving other professionals to deliver integrated advice efficiently. His experience includes power generation (both renewable, including offshore wind, and thermal, including energy-from-waste and gas), energy transmission and distribution infrastructure (including gas, heat and private wire networks) social infrastructure (including hospitals and schools) and defence.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Babcock Aerospace and Falck Fire Services as project counsel in relation to the UK MoD's Defence Fire & Rescue Project
- ATCO Power Generation on the acquisition of a majority interest in two energy from waste project development companies (for the development of merchant facilities in East London and Liverpool) and subsequently advising the project companies on the development and potential financing of those projects
- Babcock Aerospace on risk allocation and change control issues under UK MOD's Future Strategic Tanker Aircraft PFI
- Centrica on its Round 3 Offshore Wind Zone Development Agreement for the Irish Sea Zone
- Royal Borough of Greenwich in relation to the funding of an integrated district heating network for a major redevelopment on the Greenwich peninsula and associated governance arrangements
- Vitol SA on the development and financing of tank farm infrastructure for the supply of light crude oil to the Kpone Independent Power Project in Ghana.